This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Saturday, October 01, 2011

Hunting a Horcrux

This morning I woke up to a To Do list that was insane. After getting three things scratched off the list I decided I needed a break. So I sat at the computer and checked my email and then went to Atlas Quest. One of the new boxes listed was in Santa Fe. So I printed out the clues and put them aside. I went back to my list and got a few more things done but the clues were there in the back of my mind. I decided I needed another break and so I got my letterboxing stuff and the clues and headed out. The box was hidden just a few miles from my house and it only took me about 15 minutes to get there. I parked, followed the clues and had the box in hand in less than 5 minutes and was happy to see that I was the first finder of this box. The box I found is Tom Riddle's Diary - the first of the horcruxes to be destroyed in the Harry Potter Series. I sat at a picnic table to stamp in and enjoy this beautiful first day of October. Putting the box back in place was just as easy as finding it which is always nice. I love Harry Potter and I am looking forward to finding all the boxes in this Horcrux series. Oh, and I did get back to my To Do List - I just didn't finish it - yet!

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails