This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Monday, October 03, 2011

Another Horcrux and a ?Toy?

Back to my To Do list that I mentioned in the last post - I still had some things left to take care of. Some of the things on the list were running errands. Yesterday another clue for the Horcrux Series popped up and I already had a clue for a box hidden on Upper Canyon Road so I decided I would do a little letterboxing before I ran my errands. So I put all my things for the day into my backpack and headed out. My first stop was at Genoveva Chavez Community Center. Here is where I went in search of Rowena Ravenclaw's Diadem. It was a short walk to where the box was hidden but it took me a little while to actually retrieve the box. The trail this box is hidden on is so busy. Finally, the coast was clear and I grabbed the box and sat on a bench to stamp in. Unfortunately I wasn't the first finder on this box - Astro D and The Great Wuga Wuga beat me to it. After stamping in and enjoying the early morning I replaced the box and returned to my car.

On to the next box. This one was hidden on the Dale Ball Trail off of Upper Canyon Road. I really like this area and I love this part of the Dale Ball Trail. In fact I have my Waiting on the World to Change letterbox is on this trail. I parked at the Santa Fe Canyon Preserve and crossed the road and started up the trail. The box I was looking for is called Tiny Toy Story. It didn't take me long to reach the box, it was only a little over a quarter of a mile. Once I had the box I found a nice place to sit and stamp in. I opened the box and ended up confused. Box Title = Tiny Toy Story, Stamp = store bought stamp of mushrooms, ??? = a tiny toy car and a dinosaur. Did I just find a geocache? But the name of the box on the clue matched the name in the logbook. The whole box was disconbobulated - nothing made sense - why plant a box like that? Oh, I have this stamp and I will take some paper and a couple of little toys and I will put them in a box and then I will go plant it even though nothing really makes sense - oh, but I can say I planted a box. The only thing good I can say is that thankfully it was on a fantastic trail. So after getting the box back in its hiding spot I decided that the only way to redeem this was to hike the trail a little more. I didn't get up to Picacho Peak but I got a nice hike in and enjoyed some of the views this trail has. But alas, it was time to come back to the world of being a responsible adult so I returned to my car and went on to my errands.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails