This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

New Boxes in Santa Fe

This morning I woke up and did a few things around the house and got some things ready for the errands I needed to run. Then I sat down in front of the computer with my coffee and read through my emails. I had an email from AQ with two new boxes placed in Santa Fe. So I added my letterboxing things to my stuff for errands and went on to finish reading my emails. I then paid a few bills and fed the dogs and then it was time to hit the road.

So time to do a little letterboxing. My first stop was very near my home - the Santa Fe County/599 Rail Runner Stop. I pulled into the parking lot and found the sign I needed and parked. I followed the rest of the clues and quickly found the box (Rail Runner - Santa Fe). I took it back to the car to stamp in. I really liked the stamp and I was the first finder, so I got a nice little certificate. After stamping in I got the box back in place and headed off to the next one.


This box took me to the intersection of Richards Ave. and Governor Miles Rd. (well, a little beyond the intersection) to a playground for the Pueblos del Sol neighborhood. I parked in the parking lot and there were about six cars already there with lots of moms and their kids. I hoped the box was in a spot that was clear from the view of everyone at the playground. So I followed the clues which took me to a walking path behind the playground. Luckily, the box's hiding spot was pretty well hidden from view. Again I found this box (Pueblos del Sol Playground) quickly and was the first finder. I took the box a little further down the trail to stamp in so I wasn't near the playground. So I sat at the edge of the walking path and stamped in. When I was done I returned the box to its hiding spot and then made my way back to my car.

It was a nice morning of letterboxing in the City Different and I found a couple of nice stamps - thanks ArnoldZiffel, I appreciated the boxes.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails