This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Friday, April 13, 2007

A Cold, Wet, Snowy Morning

There's nothing better than going out on a cold, wet, snowy morning to plant a letterbox - - - yeah, right! But what is a letterboxer to do. You have this carved image and a box just begging for the perfect hiding spot - and a plan to get it planted on a certain day. I had carved this image and gotten the box ready a couple of days ago and I had today off, so I wanted to get it planted today. It was cold, it was kind of raining and kind of snowing at the same time, and it was plenty wet. I had a vision of where I wanted the box to be - oh, wouldn't it be wonderful if everything worked out just right. As it turned out I tried six different places and none worked - they didn't even come close. I would get out of the car and walk around in the snow and try one place - nope - get back in the car, think about it a little more and then get out of the car and try again.

After about forty-five minutes I decided to forget the whole thing and was getting ready to head to a coffee shop for a hot beverage and a little warmth. As I drove about a half block I noticed a little area that I had missed. I went exploring and got a little wetter and a little colder. And finally the perfect spot magically appeared and somehow the horrible forty-five minutes I had spent earlier didn't seem to matter. I was the happiest little letterboxer in the world - cold but happy - wet but happy!!! So the Giant Rebel of Eden has a nice new home, come out to Santa Fe and visit him, okay!

Now that the box was hidden I could get to that cup of coffee that had been calling my name. I headed for Travel Bug. Got a nice big cup of java, grabbed the Reporter and read and relaxed. All in all a good letterboxing morning.

2 comments :

Jason said...

Great blog! I love the pics

John and Diane said...

Well, we were cold but happy little letterboxers too after finding this box yesterday hours after you planted it!! ;-)
-Astro D and the Great Wuga Wuga

Related Posts with Thumbnails