This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Returning Home

My trip to Indiana has come to an end - I am now home. My day started early as Thomas drove me to the airport at 6:30am so that he could return in time for his class. So I checked in and got some coffee. I read a little and people watched a little - I can tell you I wasn't bored. And soon enough we were boarding. A minute or two after leaving the gate we stop - the winds in Chicago are bad and we have been delayed 25 minutes - so we just sat in the plane on the runway. I read! Soon enough we were airborne and the flight to Chicago was quick - but I had to run to catch my connecting flight. I made it to the gate with 5 minutes to spare - the good news - no waiting. Now off to Albuquerque! Through the whole flight I was enthralled with the clouds - so I snapped pictures (lots of pictures, hoping one would come out okay). I'm sure people in the plane thought I was crazy. I got to Albuquerque on time and got my bags. Ready to get home to Santa Fe.

But not just yet! There were two new letterboxes planted in Albuquerque, so why not get them while I was there. No since wasting gas making another trip - right! So off to Isotopes park for the first one and then to Loma del Norte Park for the second. Both boxes were quick and easy finds - thanks 6jumpingbeans. After stamping into the second box I hit the Interstate and headed home. I love traveling but I always love returning home.

1 comment :

John and Diane said...

Your photos look great - Indianapolis looks like a lovely city with all the sculptures and public art - as well as all the flowers... and green... and water... maybe some day it'll be spring here...!
-D

Related Posts with Thumbnails