This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Monday, May 11, 2015

A Couple of Boxes in 'Burque


Today I had a couple of things to do in Albuquerque so I decided to do a little letterboxing while I was in town. My plan was to leave a hour or so early and that would give me time to grab two letterboxes that were planted recently in Albuquerque. My first stop was at the Balloon Fiesta Park. I drove in and followed the clues. As I was entering the area I spotted the location in the clue. So I found a place to park and then looked around. There were some guys playing golf nearby but they weren't even looking my way and then there was a maintenance/groundskeeper in a truck on the other end of the parking area. Things seemed safe so I walked to the spot and easily found Public Hand's Balloons Over Albuquerque. I took the box back to the car to stamp in. When I was done I looked around and the place was empty. No guys playing golf - I guess they moved on and the groundskeeper was no where in site so it was easy for me to replace the box. So I left the park and headed to my next location. That was the Holiday Inn Express on Yale. This was a very quick find. I parked where the clue told me to park and I stepped out of the car, nabbed the box and then got back in the car to stamp in. This box is by Grumpy Grinch and is called Trolley Transport. After stamping in and replacing the box I was ready to go to my appointments. It was a nice morning of letterboxing and I thank the visitors to New Mexico for their presents.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails