This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Thursday, May 28, 2015

The Lost Day

After my marathon boxing yesterday today was the complete opposite. I had worked out what I wanted to do today and had everything ready. But when I got to the car it seemed that the car wasn't ready. I tried starting it and all it did was make a few clicking noises and the windshield wipers moved up. So I waited a minute and tried again - still nothing. So I called AAA and they told me it would be about an hour. So I returned to my room to wait. About 30 minutes later I went out and tried to start the car again and it actually started. So I called and cancelled AAA but I wasn't sure I wanted to go driving around Farmington and get stranded. So I went back to the room and read for a while. Two hours later I tried starting the car again and it didn't start at first but after a couple of tries it started. I then noticed the check engine light was on. Then I decided to call the Jeep dealership and see if they could look at the car today. They said to bring it in. So I left it at the service center and they shuttled me back to the hotel. So I spent the afternoon reading and relaxing waiting to hear about the car. It turned out that the battery was bad - so they put in a new battery and I asked them to do an oil change while they had it. At 5:30pm they picked me up at the hotel and I got the car back. So as not to have a complete day of no boxing I decided to head to the library. I only found one box - RNR's Dragons Read Here. A great box and I loved the clues. After getting this box I then tried to look for a couple of others. One was in a spot and I felt uncomfortable poking around so I stopped looking and tried another. I didn't find that one but I am not sure I was in the right place. So I did find one box but I would have much rather have spent the whole day letterboxing. I still have tomorrow - so I need to plan what I want to do.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails