This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Friday, May 29, 2015

Out and About in Farmington

Well the Jeep is fixed and working fine so I had plans to get around Farmington today. This morning I got some things ready and then I went to the hotel lobby to use their computer to print things out. While at the computer I ended up seeing some other letterboxers - Children of the Forest and AZJokester are staying at the same hotel as I am. After visiting with them for a minute I returned to my room and gathered my things and set out for some letterboxes.

My first stop was at Hood Mesa & College in the north part of Farmington. Here I had clues for six boxes and I left with only 50% of those. I found West Virginia U Stained Glass, Hercules and Nala. I didn't find 2012 Annular Eclipse, Hercules' Muses and Na na Na na Na na Na na Batman. It was a nice walk on a very quiet trail - I didn't see anyone while I was out there. I hope that the boxes I didn't find were there and I just missed them. From here I drove to Sandalwood Park and easily found BirchMoon's Hunger Games: District 12 Seal. Again I was the only person out there. I was starting to feel like I was in the twilight zone. After stamping in and replacing the box I continued on my way. Soon after leaving the park I stopped on College Blvd to find huginn's Metals: Zinc box. This was a quick and easy find and thankfully there was no traffic and I could get the box without being seen. I stamped in while sitting in the car and then replaced the box when the road was clear. Next I drove to San Juan College and had no trouble finding C4's Santa's List. This was out away from the school at the end of one of the parking areas and it was pretty isolated so I felt that no one would see what I was doing. After I replaced the box I drove and parked closer to the buildings and went in search of another box - this one is a mystery and I wasn't able to figure it out. When I returned to the car I wasn't sure what I wanted to do next so I returned to the hotel. I went over some things and decided to walk over to Berg/Animas Park. The trail from the park comes by the back of the hotel I am at. I spent a couple of hours walking around the park and I found a few boxes - Los Muertos Agradecidos, Ben-Hur, Illegal Alien and At the Movies: A Self Portrait. After finding these boxes I decided to walk back to the hotel and rest a little. I was really hot and felt tired. I walked back to the hotel and saw ArnoldZiffel, Agent 86 and BirchMoon checking in. I really think we should have gotten a group rate for the letterboxers staying here. Back in my room I ended up just sitting and reading for a couple of hours. During this time I was texting with Astro D who was out at the park letterboxing. We decided to meet for dinner and do a little more letterboxing.

Around 5:15pm she picked me up at the hotel and we headed downtown. We wanted to eat at 3 Rivers Brewery and there were a few boxes in the area. We ended up looking for three boxes but only found two. One of the clues said to look for the black benches in the front of the building. There were only burgundy benches and we didn't see the box. But we found the other two boxes that are hidden on opposite ends of an alley behind the restaurant. They were both quick and easy finds. After getting these two boxes we had a great dinner at 3 Rivers and got to visit for a while. Once we were done eating Astro D wanted to go to Civitan Park to look for some boxes. So we made our way to the park and found three boxes - Walking with a Friend, First Love and Too Koi. All were quick and easy finds. From here Astro D brought me back to my hotel and we called it a day.

I am tired tonight and I am hoping I get a good nights sleep so I can be ready for the event tomorrow. I think it will be a fun day.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails