This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A Walk on the Spur Trail

A few days ago a new letterbox by Agent 86 appeared in Santa Fe.This box is called Spur Trail and is hidden on the Spur Trail in the Rancho Viejo neighborhood.
View from the Spur Trail
This is a trail that I tend to frequent. It is a pretty level trail and isn't too difficult. I also like that it isn't that busy. In fact most of the time I don't see anyone else on the trail. So this morning I decided to go out for a walk to get the new letterbox and just to get out since it was a beautiful morning. I grabbed my letterboxing stuff and the clue and headed out. It was a quick 10 minute drive to the trailhead and when I arrived there was no one there. So I headed out for the walk to the box. In a pretty uneventful walk I arrived at the spot of the box in about 30 minutes. I found the box easily enough and found a spot to sit and stamp in. I was the first finder on this box and got a nice little first finder gift. After stamping in and then rehiding the box I decided I still wanted to do a little walking. So I continued on the Spur Trail to the Rail Trail and then backtracked to my car. I really loved my outing today and it was a peaceful way to spend a crisp, cool fall morning. Thanks to Agent 86 for the box and the walk.


No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails