This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hiding David

Well, how do you hide a 14 foot high marble statue of a giant slayer? I decided to carve him in rubber and put him in a camo bag. 
Michelangelo's David

During our trip to Florence I wanted to hide a box here but wasn’t sure what to do. I had noticed that Bell Motel had hidden a box with the David theme but also noticed it was retired. So I decided to find an image of David and carve that for Florence.

Today we visited Florence and we had some things planned out with our group but we also had lots of free time. So during our first free time period Thomas and I headed over to the Galleria dell’Accademia. First we decided to look for Bell Motel’s box just in case it was there. Unfortunately there were construction workers right across the street and they were watching what we were doing so we really couldn’t look very well. At that point we moved on to hiding my box. We returned to the corner of Via Cesare Battisti and Via Ricasoli and looked around. I noticed a bulletin board with a large metal frame against a building. We walked over to it and I put the box on it to see if it would hold a magnet and it did. So I was able to get the box attached to the back of the frame at the top left. We took some pictures and then found a place to sit and write out the clues.

Now David is hidden in Florence – but you can see him at the Accademia or you can find my Awaiting Goliath letterbox near there. And if you want to read about our time in Florence you can go to A Day in Firenze or you can read about the entire trip at Viva Italia Letterboxing Tour.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails