This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Finding Boxes at Villa Borghese


Today we arrive in Rome and we didn’t want to waste any time getting started with letterboxing in Italy. So after getting settled in at the hotel. We made our way to Villa Borghese park. The we included Thomas and I, the lazy letterboxer, Mark & Sue Pepe, sewsewbizzy, ggghiker, EdieSoCal, The Seeker, Phyto, Daniele and Uvio. We entered the park and started looking for the first box – The Case of the Roamin’ Roman Ruins. We set out but had some trouble locating the lake we needed. After wandering around and asking directions we finally found the temple and lake that we needed to follow the rest of the clues. So after a good bit of time we found our first box in Italy. We all stamped in and then put the box back in place.
Goethe Statue

On to the next box – Villa Borghese. There were two boxes listed with this name but one was marked as retired. So we walked to the next landmark and followed the directions. I thought I had found the right spot but upon searching the area I didn’t find the box. Some of the others showed up and looked again but we still came up empty handed. So we left that area in search of the next box.

We made our way to Valle del Museo Borghese and started following the clues. We followed clues but we couldn’t find the last part – a tree with a certain number tagged on it. Eventually sewsewbizzy found the tree but didn’t find the box. So I made my way there and moved some bark and leaves and found the box. So another stamping frenzy ensued and once we all had the image the box was put back in place.

We didn’t find a lot of boxes but we did have a good time. You can read about all of our adventures for the day at On Roman Soil at my other blog – My Journal of RandomThings. You can also read about the entire trip at Viva Italia Letterboxing Tour.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails