This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Letterboxing Event: Viva Italia Letterboxing Tour!!!

Way back in January I received a notice that Mark & Sue Pepe were planning a letterboxing trip to Italy - Viva Italia Letterboxing Tour!!!. We had attended one of their trips to Alaska last year and had a great time so we decided that we would join this trip to Italy as well. So I started planning. Little by little I gathered information, images, photos, etc. - thinking about boxes that I would like to plant. I also decided that I should start putting together a list of letterboxes I would like to look for while I was at it. I was able to put together my list of clues for Italy (mainly because there aren't that many in the areas we are visiting) pretty quickly. But making letterboxes was another story.
Colosseum - Rome, Italy
Even with all the planning and research I did I didn't actually start carving and making boxes until this weekend. I carved one stamp on Friday night and then six others on Saturday. Then on Sunday I made all the journals and put the boxes together. So I have seven letterboxes to hide throughout Italy - if I have the time. My priority is to enjoy Italy. I want to do a little letterboxing but it will have to be in between all the other things we have planned.

I plan to post on this blog when ever I do some letterboxing and I am planning on posting on one of my other blogs - My Journal of Random Things about the trip itself. You can read about the trip at Viva Italia Letterboxing Tour!!!. I plan to post each evening about that day's events but that all depends on internet connections. So check back often to see what letterboxes we find and plant on our trip to Italy.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails