This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Friday, July 06, 2012

A Trip to Colorado Springs


Well, we are off on another little adventure. Thomas is attending the WASHTO Conference in Colorado Springs this coming week and I am tagging along to do some letterboxing. It has been three years to the week since we were last in Colorado to do some letterboxing.
Pikes Peak
I looked back at my blog and my finds and noticed the last time we were here visiting Thomas' brother and his family was July 2 - 6, 2009. You can read about that trip at A Holiday Weekend in the Centennial State. As for this coming trip I have been trying to come up with a title but was having a little trouble. And while looking for letterbox clues I stumbled onto a couple of clues for boxes hidden at Focus on the Family and I joked to Thomas about using this title - A Liberal Letterboxer in Conservative Colorado Springs. After a lot of laughing I decided I shouldn't use that one. So if you want to read about my letterboxing adventures for this trip to Colorado Springs go to Letterboxing in the Shadows of Americas Mountain. For this trip I will mostly be in Colorado Springs and hopefully will get a chance to drive up Pikes Peak - for letterboxing and for the drive. I am also planning a day trip to Leadville via Hwy 24 and do some letterboxing along the way. We will see what happens though, because as many of you may remember the area we are traveling to had a very recent and very bad fire - the Waldo Canyon Fire. I am not sure how this will affect the trip and I am planning to play it by ear and I am going to be very flexible and take each day as it comes. I have plenty of clues so that I can make other plans if an area is not available. Well gotta go - we leave early in the morning.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails