This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Changing Colors

It seems that all is taken care of for the event. I've gone over my list and everything is checked off except for a few things that will have to be done on Friday night and Saturday morning. So I decided to take a drive this afternoon up Hyde Park Road. From my house I have a great view of the Sangre de Cristos and it looked like things were turning golden up there. I enjoyed my drive up to the ski basin even though there was much more traffic than normal. I parked up at the trailhead for the Windsor Trail and hiked about a mile. The aspens are definitely changing and I am hoping that they will still be as colorful on Saturday for the event. The chair lift is running and I debated on whether I should ride it or not. I opted not to. The chair is running from 10:00am to 3:00pm and cost $10 for a round trip. As I headed back down the mountain I stopped at the Aspen Vista Trail Head. The parking lot was full. I hiked another mile and enjoyed the views (but I've never seen so many people on the trail at one time). It was a very beautiful afternoon and I hope Saturday for the event is as nice. Even though as I write this it is storming outside. I have to say that at 2:00 this afternoon it was 55 degrees at the ski basin, so I hope everyone coming to the event dresses appropriately. I also hope that everyone will take the time to drive from Hyde Park to the Ski Basin and enjoy the changing aspens. Can't wait until Saturday to see everyone. To all that are attending the event have a safe trip to Santa Fe!

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails