This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Saturday, October 11, 2014

A Quick Find While Aspen Viewing


This morning Thomas and I took a drive up Hyde Park Road to view the aspens. You can read about that at Aspen Beauty. When we arrived at the Aspen Vista Picnic Area we made a stop to find a box that was recently placed in the vicinity. Back in 2010 I was contacted by Wanda and Pete to carve a stamp to commemorate Wanda's hike on the Continental Divide Trail. I ended up carving three stamps. Wanda placed them in Rhode Island and she had an event in May of 2010. Recently she moved the stamps - one she placed in Colorado and two she brought back to New Mexico. Today I found Wanda's Wandarings: Continental Divide Trail - #3 Cabezon. It was an easy and quick drive by find. The area was packed and we found one parking spot and it just happened to be right in front of the rock where the box is hidden. That helped to block anyone seeing me grabbed the box. I stamped in while sitting in the car and then replaced the box without a problem. Wanda did give me permission to move the box to another location if I wanted. I am seriously thinking of moving the box out near Cabezon Peak and on the Continental Divide Trail. But that will have to wait until the Spring. It is nice to have my carving in New Mexico and close to the area it represents.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails