This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Letterboxing with Harry

Yesterday I was going through some new clues that have popped up over the last couple of days in New Mexico and one of those boxes is in Santa Fe. So I printed them out and planned to go and find the boxes today in between running errands. The box is called Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and is a series of three boxes. These were planted by ArnoldZiffel in the area near Monica Lucero Park.

So after running two errands I parked at Monica Lucero Park and sat in the car and read the clues. The entire walk (roundtrip) sounded like it was maybe half a mile. I scanned the area and noted one of the landmarks from the car and didn't see anyone around. I grabbed my letterboxing bag and the clue sheet and headed out. In less than two minutes I had found the first box - The Golden Snitch. I took the box a little ways away from the hiding spot and sat on the trail and stamped in. There was no logbook with this stamp so it was a quick job. I replaced the box and then read the next part of the clue. About 4 minutes later I had found The Sorting Hat. I found a nearby bench to sit on and stamp in. Again no logbook so a quick stamping and then the box was back in place. The final box in the series was on the opposite side of the arroyo. So I crossed over and followed the clue. About two more minutes passed and I had the last box in hand - The Mirror of Erised. This one held the logbook so it took me a little longer to stamp in. This box also contained a First Finder Certificate - thanks ArnoldZiffel. I got the box back in place and started the short walk back to the car. I love Harry Potter so I really liked this series of boxes and stamps. I am hoping that since this series represents the first book we can look forward to six more series representing the other bo0ks. I had a nice time letterboxing - it was a beautiful, sun filled morning and going out letterboxing made it even better.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails