This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Solving a Puzzle and An Impromtu Mini Meet

About a month ago rubberpeace and rbrhorno were in Oregon doing some letterboxing and they met with X Marks the Spot. In order to find most of his boxes you have to meet with him to get a book with the clues. He ended going out with them while they looked for some of his boxes (he wanted to see how people interpreted the clues). They were a little worried at first that they might have some trouble but it actually turned out okay. They said they found some incredible boxes that involved some amazing woodworking. During their excursion they talked about one of his boxes that he sends out to people. That box is Cryptex! and they found out where the box was and contacted someone so that we (rubberpeace, Astro D and I) could get on the list to receive the box. Well, while Astro D and I were in Texas attending T.A.L.E. 6 rubberpeace received Cryptex! in the mail. So rubberpeace and rbrhorno started working on the clues. They figured the first part out rather quickly and then seemed to get "stuck" on the second part. Astro D and I got emails that seemed to exude PANIC. The emails included everything they had tried and Astro D and I were supposed to try and figure out the rest. So we started thinking about it and when we arrived home we emailed each other with different suggestions. But nothing seemed to work - so Astro D, rubberpeace and I made plans to meet today for lunch to figure it out. In the meantime Astro D picked up the box from rubberpeace and she and The Great Wuga Wuga tried opening it. It wasn't until Sunday morning when they tried some of the passwords again that they got the box opened. It seems that it was a little stuck and we think that we actually solved the puzzle right away but just couldn't get the box open. Maybe by trying different passwords The Great Wuga Wuga loosened things up. So in the end it all worked out and when we met today we were able to stamp in. It turned out to be a lot of fun and an incredible box. We are hoping we can receive some of his other boxes.

Stamping into the box wasn't the only thing that happened at lunch. I received a phone call while at the restaurant and it was Kristal and Ron. I had gotten an email from them about a week ago saying they were going to be in Santa Fe and hoped we could all get together. It worked out great since we were all together already. I gave Kristal the directions and they met us at 8:15 Early. We did exchanges, gave them suggestions for boxes to find and just chatted about letterboxing and their upcoming trip out to Washington. Then they were off to find boxes.

It was nice day, I enjoyed seeing the Cryptex! letterbox and it was great to meet up with Kristal and Ron. This is why I love letterboxing.

1 comment :

Water Lily said...

What an amazing letterbox!!! I love this idea.

Related Posts with Thumbnails