This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Meeting a New Letterboxer

Today our letterboxing friend (Lisa of the Twinville Trekkers) was in Santa Fe to do a little letterboxing. She wasn't alone - she has corrupted her neighbor and brought her into this addictive pastime. So Lisa and Fantastyk Voyager spent a beautiful Sunday in the City Different finding all kinds of letterboxes. Astro D, rubberpeace and I had plans to meet up with them at 4:30pm for some coffee. But they were so wrapped up in finding letterboxes that we didn't see them until 5:30pm - oh, well.

I decided to go a little early and do a little walk around the Plaza and take some pictures. I also checked on a couple of my letterboxes. One is missing and I hope to have it replaced soon - I was a little upset about it because I thought it was hidden well - but I guess not. So after taking pictures I headed to the coffee shop and met up with rubberpeace and Astro D. Rubberpeace had a letterbox as a surprise for us and a little trick or treat surprise for me and Astro D. So the three of us talked about our latest letterboxing adventures and some upcoming ones as well. There was also talk of a possible event in the Santa Fe area next year - oh, but you didn't hear it from me since nothing is set yet. Finally our two letterboxing maniacs stopped hunting boxes long enough to show up for coffee. We did the normal exchanges and such and then rubberpeace was ushering them out the door so they could find one more box before heading back to Albuquerque. It was starting to get dark and I figured they might have trouble finding this last letterbox so I offered to go with them. We arrived at the site and started to follow the clues but it was a little too dark for them to follow the clues perfectly so I helped them out. By the time they had the box in hand it was dark - so thankfully I had a flashlight so they were able to stamp in and get the Art of Ebrû. After the box was back in its hiding spot I drove them back to the car and they headed off to Albuquerque. We hope they enjoyed their day letterboxing in the City Different and we hope they come back soon.

2 comments :

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Yes, yes!! We really did enjoy our letterboxing experience so much, and the cherry on top was having the opportunity to have you take us to one of your most amazing letterboxes and help us find it. The flashlight was a huge help, especially when we got turned around on the way back, or else we might have been wandering up in the mountains all night. lol!

Fantastyk Voyager and I are already talking about our next trip up to Santa Fe to find the letterboxes we missed.

Let's get together again :)

Twinville Trekker~Lisa

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Thank's for the wonderful welcome!
Our trip to Santa Fe was wonderful and meeting all of you was a fabulous bonus. Thanks for taking us up to the Ebru box. We never would have found it on our own, in the dark, LOL.
Yes, letterboxing IS fun and addictive. I'm already bending Lisa's ear about all the places we can hide boxes!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails