This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Monday, December 08, 2008

Letterboxing Not Forgotten

Well it has been a while since I have posted on my letterboxing blog. After my trip to Connecticut I needed a little time to catch up on things at work and at home. And then I needed another eye surgery. So with all that going on I haven't had time or the inclination to do any letterboxing. And my eye doctor had me on lots of restrictions so I really wasn't able to go anywhere any ways. But a few days ago I started thinking about it and did a little search on Atlas Quest and Letterboxing North America and found that there are a fair number of boxes in New Mexico that I can look for. Unfortunately, either they aren't near me or it is too cold or snow has covered them. I am not sure when I will actually get out and do some letterboxing so I have been planning to carve some stamps that I can put into letterboxes when I get the chance. At present I have one stamp carved and four other images ready to carve. Once I get the stamps carved I will make the logbooks and the boxes and then try and get them planted when the weather or the time permits. I just wanted to post something so that my blog wouldn't feel abandoned.

1 comment :

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Yay! You're back :)
We hope your surgery went well and your back to 100% now.
Are you getting any snow up there?
It's snowing here right now and is expected to get about 8" by tonight. Brr!

We did get to head down to Bosque del Apache this past weekend, though. We found your box, Astro D's box and the Petro Punks' box. It got to late for us to hike out and find FunHog's box, though.

But your box is doing great. And we all loved finding it and enjoying your beautiful stamp. It was also fly-over time, so just a perfect way to spend the day.

The only downside was that the Owl Cafe was closed on Sunday :(

~Lisa
Twinville Trekkers5
up in the Sandias

Related Posts with Thumbnails