This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Replanting Missing Boxes

Recently Astro D and I have been talking about some of the letterboxes that are missing in New Mexico. I started emailing some of the placers and I also talked with LbNA about whether the placers have been logging on to the site. There were a couple that hadn't logged in for a couple of years. I ended up adopting some of these missing boxes so that I could replace them. And eventually I was able to get in contact with the placers. One box that isn't missing (but the placer has been out of touch) is staying with that placer. Two boxes from this same placer were missing and he agreed to let me adopt the clues and replace the boxes. Today I planted these two boxes. They have new handcarved stamps and new clues - they are Koi Fish and Urban Forest.


I also replaced Los Vaqueros with a new handcarved stamp and new clues. This box was only found in the letterboxing basement. It took me lots of searching to be able to reach the placer - she agreed to let me adopt and replace this box. There are still a couple of boxes that we know are missing that haven't been replaced as of yet. I got in touch with the placers and they wanted to recarve the stamps and then send me the boxes to replant - I'll keep you posted on these two boxes.

I have also been carving stamps for other reasons. I sent a box to JBBK2006 for the Hoosier Heart (& Luck o' the Irish) Gathering to be held March 17, 2007. I also carved a stamp for a postal ring called Friends Carving Friends. I am now working on three other postal stamps for the State Insect Ring. I am getting better at carving and have been enjoying developing my skills. I was having trouble transferring the image to the rubber but have since found a method that is working well for me. I get a much sharper image that is easier to carve.

Today was a great day spent wandering around Albuquerque and replanting boxes. Our weather recently has been cold and did not encourage you to spend time outside - today was a little warmer and provided for pleasant conditions for a few short hikes.

1 comment :

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Hi from Twinville_Trekkers5! We found all of your boxes and enjoyed the beautiful stamps. I'd have to say that Urban Forest if my favorite. My kids liked Koi pond the best, though. One of my kids discovered a cool find during the Los Vaqueros hike: a coyote jaw bone! We are loving Letterboxing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails