This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Saturday, February 17, 2007

The Santa Fe Trail

Yesterday I had a great day of letterboxing, but one box eluded me - SF Trail. A box left by artTrekker on her recent visit to New Mexico. The clues are vague to say the least - check them out if you don't believe me. Well I went to a couple of places that I thought might be the hiding spot. But after some diligent searching I came up empty handed. So I continued my search for other boxes and enjoyed the day yesterday. Last night I thought about the box, artTrekker and the clues but was still coming up empty handed. When I woke up this morning Thomas and I were trying to decide if we wanted to do anything today or just hang around the house and relax. I logged onto the internet to check and write emails and do a little net surfing - then WHAM!!!!! - it hit me - I knew exactly how to find that SF Trail box. So Thomas and I headed out with letterboxing gear in hand. We had a great day. We were near some places that we had wanted to visit but never made the time - so thanks to artTrekker we found a letterbox and made time to have a day of fun. I can't really tell you where we went because that would give away the hiding spot. I can tell you that it is worth it to find the box - a great stamp, clever hide and cryptic clues. So as Mark and Sue Pepe would say - Have fun and just get out there & box!!!

1 comment :

John and Diane said...

I guess I'd better put my thinking cap on!
-Astro D

Related Posts with Thumbnails