This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Friday, March 30, 2007

Checking on Boxes

I decided last night that I wanted to get out and do some hiking today. Little did I know that it would be cold and overcast. But did that stop me? No way! I headed to Cerrillos to hike in the Cerrillos Hills Historic Park. I figured I could get a good 4 or 5 mile hike and check on one of my boxes.

It was a nice quiet day for a hike - I did not see another human being during my entire hike. I did not even see any animals - no birds, rabbits, coyotes, mountain lions, rattlesnakes or scorpions - hmmmmmmmm - maybe I wasn't really there - it seemed a little strange!

I got to my Felis concolor box and checked it - everything looked good - it has had seven visitors. I then continued my hike making a big loop to check in on Astro D's Miner at the Mirador - it is in good shape and waiting for more visitors - hey people - get out there and box.


I really enjoyed my quiet hike, even if it was a little cold. And I did find this one little sign of Spring near Astro D's box.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails