This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Thursday, February 16, 2017

11 Years of Letterboxing

Today marks my 11th anniversary of letterboxing. I found my first box on February 16, 2006 and that box was Santa Fe Trail Microbox by Silver Eagle. The past 11 years have taken me to 44 states and 6 countries to find letterboxes. Every February 16 I have gone out letterboxing to celebrate. Usually I leave boxes close to me so that I have something to find on this date. But when I started planning what I would do today I only had one box close - that one was in Albuquerque. But I found another one in San Antonio that I hadn't gotten to yet. So I decided to take a road trip and do some letterboxing. I left Santa Fe sometime around 8:30am and drove to San Antonio. The box is located in a small park not far from the interstate on NM 380. So I pulled in and followed the clues and easily found An Unusual Tourist by ArnoldZiffel. I took the box back to the car to stamp in and then after replacing the box I headed back to Albuquerque. When I arrived in Albuquerque I went in search of We Came to See the Balloons by nm sun. The clues for this box are cryptic and I thought I had figured out where it was hidden. But when I arrived at the place none of the other clues made sense. But I tried and looked in three trees (the clue said to go to a tree and look up) but didn't find any box. I don't know if I just had the location wrong, or if I didn't understand the clues once I got there, or if the box is missing. My belief is that I was in the wrong location. I will have to look at the clues again and see if I can figure it out and then try again. But at least I found one box to celebrate my anniversary. These 11 years have been so much fun. Looking forward to more.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails