This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Letterboxing on Easter

Today Thomas and I had a quiet morning at home and then went to his Aunt's house for lunch. After a nice meal and visit we decided to get out and do a little letterboxing. I had clues for six boxes in Santa Fe and my letterboxing bag, so we were ready to go.
We drove to Museum Hill where I had clues for three boxes. We first went across from the entrance to the Folk Art, Indian Arts and Anthropology Museums and looked for Straight From the Horses Mouth. From the clues I thought this would be a quick and easy find. We parked and I went to the juniper and saw the flat, red rock but after a few minutes of searching around I couldn't find the box. So I went back to the car and read the clues again and checked under the tree again. I still didn't find the box so I asked Thomas to go and try and he also came back empty handed. I thought this is crazy since the box was just hidden yesterday. Anyway, we decided to try for the next box which was at the Spanish Museum. So we went there and parked. Thomas stayed in the car and I went to find the box - Year of the Horse. It was only a short walk and again I found the rock and a hole but no box. So I returned to the car and wondered what was going on. Two new boxes and both missing. I was not feeling good about the way our letterboxing outing was starting. But we continued on. We next stopped at the entrance to Museum Hill at the Santa Fe Trail sculpture and this time we had better luck. We found Horsin' Around right where it was supposed to be. I stamped in while sitting in the car and then replaced the box. From here we drove to Amelia White Park and again we had good luck. We found Horse of a Different Color and again I stamped while sitting in the car. After replacing the box we headed for the last box(es) we had clues for. We parked at Monica Lucero Park and walked the trail heading east first. We found Mystery Animal: Of Course without any problems and after stamping in we returned back to the park and then took the trail in the opposite direction to find Mystery Animal: A Horse. Again this was an easy find and I found a nice place to sit and stamp in. After replacing the box we returned to the car and headed for home.
We had a great day out letterboxing and enjoyed all the great stamps we found. I hope that I was just off on the first two but it all seemed very weird. Thanks to Sunny Delight for all these boxes.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails