This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Friday, March 28, 2014

Lunching with Letterboxers and Finding Two Letterboxes


Today I met Astro D, rubberpeace and ArnoldZiffel for lunch at The Ranch House. We had a great visit and talked a little about trips we have planned. ArnoldZiffel is leaving soon for Eastern Europe, rubberpeace is going to Tucson, Astro D had plans for Truth or Consequences, Flagstaff and Sedona and I am leaving on Monday for the Sedona and Prescott areas. It was a good lunch and visit and it was nice to catch up with everyone.

After lunch I decided to look for a couple of boxes that were recently placed by ArnoldZiffel here in Santa Fe. My first stop was Travel Bug. This is one of my favorite spots - a travel book store and coffee shop. I went in and asked for the box at the counter. The woman knew exactly what I was asking for and I took the box to a table to stamp in. This box is called An American Pig in Paris and I loved the stamp. It was nice to be inside and have a table to use to stamp in - I got a great image of the stamp. When done I returned the box to the woman at the counter and was ready to get to the next box. I drove to Governor Miles and Nizhoni and parked. I read the clues in the car and was able to spot the area where the box was hidden. So I grabbed my things and headed out. I grabbed the box (called Revegetation - great stamps) from its hiding spot (which is wonderfully done) and took it to a spot where I could sit and stamp in. While stamping in someone came up and asked what I was doing - thankfully it was ArnoldZiffel. She lives just around the corner and was taking her dog for a walk. They continued on and I finished stamping in and then replaced the box.

I had a great afternoon visiting with letterboxers and finding letterboxes. I wish I could do that everyday. Thanks ArnoldZiffel for the new boxes and thanks to Astro D, rubberpeace and ArnoldZiffel for a nice visit.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails