This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Letterboxing in Albuquerque, Again!

Today I brought my friend back to the airport for her flight home. Once I had dropped her off I decided to stay in Albuquerque for the afternoon and do some more letterboxing.

My first stop was at Presbyterian Hospital to find C4's Hospital Angels. This is a series of four boxes and they are spread out over the campus. I felt a little uncomfortable looking for the boxes because there are people and windows everywhere. I couldn't tell if anyone was looking out the window or not so I took my time and made sure to be as stealthy as possible. I ended up finding three of the four boxes. I am not sure if I was looking in the right place or not for the box I missed but I never did find it. So I left the hospital with three stamps and made my way to the next box. For the next box I parked somewhere in the vicinity of Carlisle and Central. I started following the clues for Wronghat's Lambency letterbox. At first I was having a little trouble but it didn't take long for things to make sense and in no time I found the box. Then I looked for a spot to sit and stamp in. I walked just a half block away and sat on some stairs. After stamping in I replaced the box and walked back to my car. I decided I had time for one more box. So I went in search of Wronghat's "I Am Not a Number" letterbox. The area where this box is hidden is being worked on and I wasn't sure I would be able to look for it. But I was able to follow the clues and I found the box. Then I took it to a bench so that I could sit and stamp in. While I was stamping in the workers pulled up right to the spot where the box is hidden. So after stamping in I had to wait for a while until I could replace the box. While I waited I talked with one of the guys to see what they were doing. They are putting in a sprinkler system and they had literally dug a small trench for the pipes about three feet from the box's hiding spot. After they left I was able to put the box back and I think it will be safe - the guy told me they were pretty much finished in this area. Now I was done for the day so I made my way back to my car and made my journey back to Santa Fe.

So I did some boxing in Albuquerque last week and today but there are still some boxes for me to find so I do believe I will have to make another trip soon.

1 comment :

hal said...

Thanks for looking out for my letterboxes. I'll be interested in seeing the construction when it's done.

Related Posts with Thumbnails