This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Monday, February 11, 2013

A Mini Meet with ArnoldZiffel

When I started letterboxing back in February 2006 there was only one other letterboxer in Santa Fe and that was Astro D (who began letterboxing in July 2005). Then around August 2006 rubberpeace (and rbrhorno) appeared on the scene after taking a little class that Astro D presented. There were also a couple of other people that dabbled a little and then disappeared. Later (around August 2008) two other letterboxers appeared in Santa Fe - BlindSmiley (who still is involved a little) and High Desert Glider (who has fallen off the radar). For a while there were really no other new Santa Fe letterboxers, then in May 2010 a very enthusiastic letterboxer joined our ranks - Hi Desert. For almost two years (until she passed on in April 2012) Hi Desert reminded us why we all love this hobby. In April 2011 ArnoldZiffel appeared on the scene (and later her husband - Agent86 joined in). It has been so nice to have these two new boxers. They have added quite a few boxes in Santa Fe and I have enjoyed looking for their boxes.

ArnoldZiffel's Inspiration
Today, after almost two years I finally got to meet ArnoldZiffel. Astro D, rubberpeace, ArnoldZiffel and I met at The Ranch House for a great lunch and some letterboxing talk. It was such a pleasure to meet her and we all had a great visit. Since we have such a small community of letterboxers in Santa Fe it is easy for us to get together every now and then to talk shop. For almost a year now I have kind of laid low due to some pretty rude and obnoxious notes I have received complaining about some of my boxes and I was even accused to removing a box and returning it the next day. I had decided to just letterbox on my own and keep to myself. But after lunch today I realized how much I was missing. I hope to slowly get back and be more involved and add more new boxes to New Mexico. Thanks Astro D, rubberpeace and ArnoldZiffel for a great lunch and talk and for reigniting the letterboxing fire in me.

1 comment :

halfencer said...

Some of the letterboxers at the Tucson Letterboxing Gathering were lamenting that you had dropped out. We all are glad you're back again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails