This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Letterboxing Close to Home

When I had lunch with the other Santa Fe letterboxers on Monday ArnoldZiffel had asked if I had found her two new pig boxes.
Pig
Unfortunately I have been extremely busy since the beginning of the month and haven't had time. I did have the clues printed out and even though the boxes are really close to my home I just hadn't gone out to get them. So when I returned home after lunch I found the clues and looked at my calendar to schedule a time to go out and find them.
Pumbaa
That time was today. After getting through my morning chores I grabbed the clues and my letterboxing things and headed out. It was a quick five minute drive to the area where the boxes are planted.

I arrived at the PERA building and parked in back. I then walked to some benches and sat down and read the clues and pretty much located the hiding spot for both boxes. So I went and collected both boxes and returned to the bench to stamp in. These are two great boxes and I was the first finder on both of them. I stamped into My Favorite Swine: Pumbaa (from The Lion King) and My Favorite Swine: Pig (from Pearls Before Swine). This series of 'Pig' boxes in really nice and I have enjoyed finding them. Thanks ArnoldZiffel for all the great boxes.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails