This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Friday, May 25, 2012

A Quick Letterbox Find in Cozumel

Thomas and I spent the day walking around Cozumel today. The ship docked and we headed into port. We walked around the port area and then headed down the main street.
Cozumel Columns near the Caribbean
I had clues for one letterbox that wasn't too far from the port entrance. So we walked for about 15 minutes and we were constantly stopped by taxi drivers and tour operators trying to get us to take a tour with them. We finally got past all these people and started seeing the first of the landmarks - spheres on top of a white wall. After the sixth sphere we saw seven columns in a circle which was the next part of the clue. So we left the sidwalk and followed a path to the sea and stood in front of the columns with our backs to the water. To the left and behind a wall covered by rocks we found Sombrero by Mad Hatter WAC. We found a flat rock to sit on and stamp in. After rehiding the box we continued with our walking tour of Cozumel. So glad to add another country to my list of finds.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails