This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Sunday, December 06, 2009

The Wedding Box

Today Thomas and I were invited to a 50th Wedding Anniversary party for Peggy and John (aka rubberpeace and rbrhorno). They had a party today to celebrate but there actual anniversary is not until December 27th. It was a nice party and we got to meet some of their friends and their two daughters. For the special occasion rbrhorno carved a stamp and rubberpeace hid it. She handed out the clues to each of the letterboxers present and the hunt was on. Astro D and I headed to the starting point and there were already people stamping in. So we left for a while until the box had been rehidden. We returned to rubberpeace's craft room and followed the directions. They included store bought stamps (rubberpeace owned a stamp store and she has a bunch of stamps) that lead the way to the letterbox. I thought the clues were clever and the letterbox was great. The stamp for the box was a cake with the year they were married to this year (1959 - 2009). The party was wonderful and the letterbox was a great little surprise. Congratulations Peggy and John!
Related Posts with Thumbnails