This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Thursday, October 01, 2009

Looking for Art

This morning after exercising, showering and eating breakfast I sat at the computer drinking my coffee and reading emails. Once I was done with that I logged on to Atlas Quest. And on the list of Newest Traditional Letterboxes I noticed a new box placed in Santa Fe. I clicked on Art is Everywhere and found out that Front Range Hiker left a little gift on her recent visit to Santa Fe for the El Rancho de los Letterboxes event.

So I gathered my things and headed out. This morning was a bit cold (probably in the high 30s or low 40s), so I ended upgoing back in the house for a jacket. Then I made my way to Cerro Gordo Park (aka Adam Gabriel Armijo Park). This is the first time I have ever been in this park and was very surprised to find that there were trails from this park. So I parked, read the clues then grabbed my letterbox stuff and headed out. It was a pretty short walk to the box but it was a very nice walk. I followed the clues but ended up missing one of the landmarks and ended up getting in a nice walk. I eventually realized that I had probably gone too far and made my way back to the landmark that I missed and easily found the box. I took the box to a side trail to stamp in. I found a spot in the sun so I could stay warm and enjoyed the beautiful stamp that Front Range Hiker carved for us. I really enjoyed the box and the morning walk and finding some art. The area was so quiet and peaceful and it was a great way to start the day. Thanks Front Range Hiker!

1 comment :

Front Range Hiker said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the box. I was excited to find a new place in Santa Fe to plant a box. On my next trip, I'll plant one with a longer hike.

FRH

Related Posts with Thumbnails