This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Letterboxing in the Windy City

Thomas and I are in Chicago for vacation. We visited some family and are doing some sightseeing. I have clues for a few letterboxes in and around the city but this trip is more about seeing Chicago than letterboxing. With that being said we are doing a little letterboxing when we are in areas that have a letterbox. So today we were going to be in the neighborhood of the HI-Chicago Hostel. There is a box there that was placed by altchar with a stamp carved by Kirbert. So after visiting one of the sites we headed for this box. At first we headed in the wrong direction (I got turned around and read the map wrong; and with all the tall building my Garmin GPS wasn't receiving any signal), so we turned around and walked the five or six blocks to the area. We ended up walking right by the place because we were being tourist and looking at all the neat buildings and art work around Chicago. So we asked this guy walking by and he pointed just across the street - we were close now. So we followed the clues and walked up to the second floor information desk. The guy at the desk didn't know what we were talking about but I quickly spotted a tupperware container in the corner of a shelf behind the desk. So I directed him to it and WooHoo! it was the box. It is a very nice carving and since this was indoors I sat and took my time stamping in. I also left a hitchhiker in the box for the next finder. When I finished stamping in and went to return the box no one was around - so I walked behind the desk and left it where I first saw it. This makes 19 states that I have letterboxed in and brings my total finds to 1350. Hopefully we will be able to find one or two more while we are here - I will keep you posted.

1 comment :

Blue Butterfly said...

Congratulations on stamping in yet another state. Can't wait to see the pictures!

Related Posts with Thumbnails