This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Coffee with Visiting Letterboxers

Back in February I received an email from Time2Retire inquiring about clues to letterboxes in Santa Fe. When I wrote him back I offered for a get together with the Santa Fe Letterboxers. He emailed me back about a week ago (once they had finalized their plans) and we set up a meeting for this morning at Downtown Subscription at 9:30.

So Astro D, rubberpeace and I met up with BlindSmiley at Downtown Subscription and we talked and visited for a little while. Then the visitors arrived - Time2Retire and lookin4moose joined us and we jumped in to exchanges and letterboxing stories. We also shared the event stamp that we have for when letterboxers meet up with us in Santa Fe. That box is ¡Bienvenidos! 2009. We started this back in 2007 (I carved that stamp and made the logbook) and in 2008 Astro D carved the stamp and made the logbook. This year's stamp was carved by me and I made the logbook as well. So if anyone plans on visiting Santa Fe contact us for a get together and we will share the stamp with you.

Anyway, we had a great visit with Time and Lookin - they are a really nice couple and it seemed that they enjoyed their time in Santa Fe. Time2Retire also let me know that they couldn't find one of my boxes - The Crow Knows. Not too long ago I noticed that they were remodeling the building where the box is hidden so it wasn't a complete surprise to hear that it wasn't in its hiding spot. So after the visitors left rubberpeace needed to run errands and Astro D and I walked up the road a little ways to help BlindSmiley find a box that quite a few people have trouble finding. Once that was done Astro D and I left BlindSmiley and we walked to check on my missing box. We arrived at the spot and it looks like the remodeling is over (or at least close to being done). So we went to the hiding spot and checked - sure enough it was gone. We looked at the building and sure enough they had done work right around that area. And just as we were leaving Astro D said "Wait" and I stopped and she pointed to something right in front of our faces. There was the box. It is a magnetic key holder and instead of being under the metal box it was actually on the front of the box in plain site. I was really excited that it wasn't missing. So Astro D continued on her walk home and I walked back to my car. I took pictures along the way and then headed home.

Oh, and here is a little rumor. There seems to be some planning going on for an event in Santa Fe sometime around the end of summer. Keep your eyes on this blog for more news from the rumor mill.

2 comments :

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Yay! I'm glad The Crow Knows didn't go missing. Those stamps inside are stellar! And it's a clever location for a box, too. :)

Hmmmm.....Letterboxing event, you say??

Count us in!

Need any help, let us know. :)

~Lisa

pattyg said...

Thank you all so much for the fun time. What a great reception we received. So many new friends, exchanges of all kinds, and an event stamp as well! Now to be celebrities in the Lion's Game blog, who could ask for anything more. NM & AZ folks are the friendliest people on earth.

Lookin4moose

Related Posts with Thumbnails