This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Friday, June 15, 2007

ABQ Letterboxing

When I woke up this morning I decided to skip the plans that I had for the day. I decided instead to head to Albuquerque. There were three letterboxes that I had yet to find and for some reason I had this urge to go letterboxing today. So I drove to Albuquerque on Hwy 14. I always love the back way - it is such a beautiful drive and avoids all the traffic on I-25. And the first box I wanted to look for was in that vicinity.

My first stop was Tunnel Canyon. What a nice spot. This was my first visit here. I was able to find the Tunnel Canyon box by 6jumpingbeans quickly and then I went on a short hike. I took some pictures of some wildflowers and cactus blooms. I enjoyed the box, the stamp was carved by a six year old. Now I was on my way to find Vikings - who would have guessed that we have Vikings here in New Mexico. I found their hiding spot and their ship but did not actually see any Vikings - maybe on another trip! I did find the box in a great location and safe from any prying eyes. I can't tell you where I was because it's a secret. My third and final stop of the day was Coronado State Monument - another place I have never visited. I took my time enjoying the museum, ruins and the views from the park before setting out to find the box. After taking in the culture I located the box and stamped in. The views of the Rio Grande and the Sandias from the box's hiding spot were terrific. Thanks to Twinville Trekkers5 for informing me about the Vikings and finally getting me to visit Coronado State Monument.

I had a great day in Albuquerque and enjoyed finding these three boxes. It is nice to have more letterboxers in the area.

Below are some pictures that I took today! Enjoy!



No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails