This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Friday, February 16, 2007

One Year Letterboxing Anniversary

One year ago today I found my very first letterbox - Santa Fe Trails Microbox. As soon as I found that first box I was hooked. To celebrate my one year letterboxing anniversary I decided to spend the day letterboxing. Thanks to artTrekker there were at least five boxes in Santa Fe that I could spend the day looking for. I started the day looking for Clay Menagerie (a four box series). I had a great morning driving around to places that I haven't been to in a while. I won't tell the details of where I went because the clues are vague and I wouldn't want to give anything away. I found all four boxes (and I was the first finder on all of them as well), and really enjoyed the carved images. After finding the boxes and enjoying some incredible things I headed to downtown Santa Fe for another box. Calavera! To find this box you had to take a short Day of the Dead quiz. It was fun learning about this celebration - I guess it's true that you learn something new everyday. Once you correctly answer all the questions you can figure out the clues and once you figure out all the clues you can find the box quickly. Since it was a quick find I decided to spend a little time wandering around the plaza. I really love hanging out downtown, it's such a relaxing and enjoyable time. So, I had a great day celebrating my letterboxing anniversary - today I raised my letterbox found count to 420. I really do love this hobby. It has taken me to places that I probably would have never been.I have some great memories and I am looking forward to creating more in the coming year.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails