This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Leaving Carlsbad and Heading Home

Today we head home. We wanted to get an early start so we were up at 6:00am and on the road by 6:45am. We drove to Roswell without stopping and the first thing we did upon arriving was get some breakfast. We ended up at Martin's Captiol Cafe. After a great meal we headed out to get some things done. First, we looked for and found without any problems ArnoldZiffel's Art in the Round: Roswell. This box is hidden in Cahoon Park and thankfully no one was around so it was a quick and easy find. I stamped in and then got the box back in place and then we continued on to the next box. We drove to the Roswell Convention & Civic Center. I followed the clues for Welcome to Roswell by RIclimber. Unfortunately, we didn't find the box. Not sure if the box is missing but we didn't find it anywhere. So we moved on to one last thing to do before leaving Roswell. I wanted to update my box and logbook at the UFO Museum. It was a quick in and out visit. I just went in to the Research Library and grabbed the old box and put in the updated box. This is the same stamp and the same location - I just updated it. Now that we were done in Roswell we headed north on US285 toward home.

On our way down from Santa Fe on Friday we stopped at a rest area to replant a box that had gotten geotrashed. I couldn't find a good spot for the box so I kept it and have been thinking about where I could plant it. I remembered a pullout on US285 near Clines Corners that might work. So when we got to the pullout we stopped and started looking around. We lucked up and found a great spot to hide the box. So Aphonopelma is active again. It is the same stamp and box just a different location so if you already found it you don't need to look for it again. Now that everything I had on my to do list for this trip was completed we could just continue on home.

It was a great little trip and we had a lot of fun. I really want to get back down there because there is more for us to do.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails