This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Friday, December 02, 2016

Off to Another Event

Tonight we are in Parker, Colorado to attend the 5th Annual Kick Off the Holiday - Gingerbread House Event in the morning. This morning we woke to overcast skies that quickly turned into snow. We got the car packed for the drive to Colorado and left the house around 8:00am. I had a dentist appointment and after that we were heading out. Thankfully, the snow stopped by the time my appointment was done and from Santa Fe to the Colorado border we only encountered a few snow flurries. But once we were in Colorado the snow picked up a bit but was still not bad. When we reached Trinidad we exited the interstate and made our way to the Carpios Ridge area of Trinidad Lake State Park. Across the road from the entrance to Carpios Ridge we stopped and found Happy Campers 2016 at Trinidad Lake placed by TeaMomOwlGirl. This was a quick and easy find and we only had to deal with light snow flurries. I did bring the box to the car to stamp in since it was only 29° at the time. After stamping in and replacing the box we made our way back to I25 and continued north.
Between Trinidad and Colorado Springs we had snow off and on the entire way.
Monument Rock
And as we entered Colorado Springs the traffic became worse and we moved through the city at a snail's pace. Finally, at the north end of Colorado Springs the traffic abated but the snow was still there. I had a clue for a box in Monument but because of the traffic and the snow I told Thomas maybe we should wait until we were heading back home to find it. But then the snow stopped and we decided to give it a go. So we exited the interstate and followed the clues. It didn't take us long to find the spot to park for the box. A few minutes later we had found CO State Flag by HowD Girls and Lampwick. There were flurries again so I brought the box back to the car to stamp in. Once I was done and had replaced the box I took a few pictures of the area. This box is hidden in Monument, Colorado near a huge rock that gave the city its name. I am glad we stopped for this box since it gave us a chance to see some beautiful views.

After we finished here we continued on to Parker. We were lucky that the traffic had eased up and we didn't have any issues for the rest of the drive. We arrived at the hotel and checked in. And once settled we headed out again to meet some other letterboxers for dinner. The original place we met at was very busy and said it would be about an hour and a half so we ended up leaving there and headed over to Hickory House. This was a perfect place. Quiet enough to enable us to talk without screaming at each other and it had some really good barbecue. There was a good group that showed up... Agent 86 & ArnoldZiffel; The Woodshed & Mr. Woodshed; Porras Posse; Lampwick; HowD Girls; Seekers Two and Thomas & I.

It was a good time but after the drive Thomas and I were both tired. Now we are resting and looking forward to the event tomorrow.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails