This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Thursday, January 12, 2017

The Pinto Line

On Sunday (1/7) ArnoldZiffel and Agent 86 placed a new box in Santa Fe. The box is placed near supports for an old trestle in the Rancho Viejo neighborhood. So today I was our running errands and on my way home I stopped to get this box. The parking area that the clues say to park in was locked so I parked in the Spur Trail lot and then walked to the parking area mentioned in the clues. From there I followed the clues and I easily found Pinto Line. I took the box to a spot off the trail where I could sit and stamp in. I didn't have any problems finding the box and the area was deserted (I didn't see one person on the trails) so I didn't have to worry about being seen. This box is about the New Mexico Central Railroad (formerly know as the Santa Fe Central Railroad). This line ran between Torrance and Santa Fe. It provided passenger service as well as carrying agricultural products from the Estancia Basin to market. The products included pinto beans thus earning the railroad the nickname "Pinto Line". It was a beautiful day for a walk to find a great box with lots of history - something I did not know. Thanks ArnoldZiffel and Agent 86.
New Mexico Central Railway train, southbound coal train,
vicinity of Arroyo de la Jara south of Kennedy and near Galisteo, New Mexico

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails