This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Letterboxing in Galisteo

Back at the end of May and the beginning of June Children of the Forest planted a couple of boxes in Galisteo. I have had the clues printed out for a while but never seemed to find the time to get out there and find them. So today I decided I needed to get out of the house and take a drive. From my house I take NM 14 headed south and then CR 42 - it is a nice, pleasant drive. I arrived in town and made my way to the cemetery (well cemeteries) - there are two and they are across the road from each other. First I went to The Old Catholic Cemetery and found Guardians of Galisteo: The Old Catholic Cemetery. This was an easy find and I found a spot to sit and stamp in. After I put the box back in place I walked around the cemetery and took a few pictures and then headed across the street to find the next box. The gate to this cemetery (The Old Galisteo Cemetery) was locked so I couldn't go in and take any pictures but I was able to get a few from outside since the wall around the cemetery is pretty low. I then followed the clues and found my second box - Guardians of Galisteo: The Old Cemetery. This box is hidden outside the cemetery and I sat against the wall while stamping in. Once the box was back in place I walked back to my car and headed home. It was a great little drive and a nice outing. Thanks Children of the Forest for these two wonderful boxes.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails