This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

A Couple of Quick Finds


I had some free time today and decided to go out and find a couple of letterboxes in the area. After getting my stuff together I headed north on I25 to Pecos. The Bear Team placed a box at one of the pullouts with a Pecos National Historic Park sign. I arrived there and thankfully there was no one else there and there wasn't much traffic on the road. This made it easy to find and nab the box. I read the clues while sitting in the car and located the spot where the box was hidden. I made sure there was no one around and I went and grabbed Last Wagon Wheel of the Santa Fe Trail. I went back to the car and stamped in and then I replaced the box - this was a quick and easy find. Now it was time to return to Santa Fe and look for one more box.

To get to the next box I took the Old Pecos Trail exit and made my way to Museum Hill. A couple of weeks ago AutumnsFolly visited Santa Fe and left a PREsent. This means that she planted a box and the stamped was carved by preboxed.  I arrived at Museum Hill, parked and then followed the clues to find Kokopelli's Dance. Thankfully there is a bench very near the box which was a perfect place to sit and stamp in. Once I was done I replaced the box and then decided to take a walk around Milner's Plaza - they have an outdoor exhibit of some great sculptures.

Thanks to The Bear Team and AutumnsFolly for leaving us these letterboxes.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails