This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Monday, August 20, 2012

A Pig and An Oath

Today was errand day and I was out and about in Santa Fe. So I decided since I was going to be all over the city I might as well make a couple of stops to find two letterboxes.
My Favorite Swine
So after running three of my errands I made my first stop for a letterbox. This box is called My Favorite Swine: Lepita by ArnoldZiffel. She has planted about four boxes in this series. So I followed the clues and parked in the lot but I was having trouble finding the box. I checked all my directions again with the compass and noted that I was in the right area but it wasn't making sense. So I read my clues again and still came up empty handed and nothing was making sense. So I sat in my car and thought for a minute and then decided to drive around the parking lot (it is a very big lot). I then realized that the the building I was at is surrounded on three sides by parking. So I decided to take the clues and use them and only look in one parking lot. And that eventually led me to the box. The parking lot was full and that helped me because the cars blocked me from any muggles. I nabbed the box and took it back to the car to stamp in. I am loving this Swine series of boxes - thanks ArnoldZiffel. I put the box back in place and headed out to continue my errands.
Night's Watch Oath

After two more errands I decided to get the second box and then it would be time to head back toward home. I made my way to Fort Marcy Park. I parked and followed the clues. I had much better luck with this box and I found it on my first try. The park was very quiet and the place where the box was hidden was empty. I found Song of Ice and Fire: Night's Watch Oath. When I opened the box I was in awe. The stamp is 4" x 6" and is all cursive writing. I really loved the stamp and it gave me a challenge to try and carve a similar stamp - maybe not as big. So I sat and stamped in and then returned the box to its hiding spot. I had a great time looking for these boxes today and am looking forward to any new ones that come along.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails