This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Potter, More

Today I was doing things around the house and I took a break to check emails. I noticed some new boxes placed in Santa Fe, these were two Harry Potter boxes. Well actually two series of three boxes each. These boxes were boxes for the fourth and fifth books in the Harry Potter series. So I gathered my things and printed out the clues and headed to Monica Lucero Park.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Once I parked I read the clues over again and then headed out. I headed east on the Arroyo Chamisa Trail and only after a few yards I found the first box - Hungarian Horntail. An easy find and I sat at the edge of an arroyo while stamping in. I hid the box and continued. It was only a short way down the trail where I found the Golden Egg. This was just off the trail and I sat on a low cement wall to stamp in. The next box - The Triwizard Cup was the last box in the series for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. This box held the logbook for the series and my First Finder Certificate. I found a large piece of cement and sat and stamped in. After I hid the box I headed for the second series which continued on the same trail.
The next series is Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. After crossing Camino Carlos Rey I walked about 200 steps and found The Phoenix. This box was near a fenced in area with a private property sign. The box was hidden on the outside of the fence and I nabbed it and found a nice place to sit and stamp in. Once the box was back in place I continued east on the trail. Not far along the trail I arrived at a turquoise railing and then a bench. Behind the bench was a juniper that hid the next box - Extendable Ears. I took the box back to the bench to stamp in. After stamping in I had to wait a little while because the trail suddenly got busy. After about five minutes I was able to hide the box and continue. The final box was another quarter mile up the trail and hidden near a coyote fence. I found The Hog's Head and I took the box over a cement landing and sat and stamped in - this was the third and final in the series which held the logbook and another First Finder Certificate. I rehid the box and got back on the trail headed back to my car.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
It was a beautiful afternoon and I really enjoyed the walk. Along with finding six boxes I also found two hitchhikers. And I left one hitchhiker in the last box. Thanks ArnoldZiffel for planting this great series.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails