This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Monday, April 09, 2012

I've #*@^&$ Up Again!

It seems I can't win. I keep getting these emails accusing me of things and when I try to defend myself I become the asshole.
Punished
I received an email accusing me of removing a box so that other letterboxers couldn't find it and when I wrote back defending myself I get an email saying I attack in an emotional outburst, I have insulting behavior and I don't know how to treat other letterboxers. Now I am the jerk and bad guy. All of this from an unsolicited email about someone else's box. I have very little self esteem and I chastise myself all the time and it is apparent I don't know how to deal with people and I keep making people hate me. I guess I need to just let people write me rude letters and accept them as fact and tell myself I am a horrible person. I guess these people are right. So I am sorry to everyone I have treated badly, and from the notes I get there are a lot of you. I will not be communicating with anyone from now on. I will go out and letterbox and do my own thing but I will not send notes when I log a find and I will not read or address any notes sent to me - hopefully that will keep me from insulting people with my responses. I really don't know what I have done to cause this and I truly don't know how to fix it and I am really sorry.

5 comments :

Laura said...

Honey,

you're fantastic. Just a bunch of people who don't know how to play the game. If they bother you, absolutely do as you're doing and don't answer emails or do found box reports! (I don't any more either). Your boxes are little treasures and I for one appreciate them.

Life's too short to deal with toxic people.

Laura/dewberry

Laura said...

Honey,

you're fantastic. Just a bunch of people who don't know how to play the game. If they bother you, absolutely do as you're doing and don't answer emails or do found box reports! (I don't any more either). Your boxes are little treasures and I for one appreciate them.

Life's too short to deal with toxic people.

Laura/dewberry

Laura said...

Okay. apparently I can't read the little verify text. I blame old age and senility.

You're doing the right thing. Do I answer email or send found reports? No I do not. I'm too old to deal with toxic people and you shouldn't have to either.

Your boxes are fantastic little treasures. I love them...you've given me and my family some of the best times we've ever had.

Ignore the idiots, and if not, screen 'em out.

laura/dewberry

Liz Henderson (Hendel D'bu) said...

I'm glad it's not required to log finds or let the finder know their box has been found. It harkens back to the beginning of letterboxing - a more secret affair.

My friend, please don't let the turkeys get you down. I hate it when people take delight in tearing others down to make themselves feel superior.

You have a friend in the PNW - always. ~SHH :-)

Blue Butterfly said...

Texas Letterboxers love you and your boxes! Sorry you are having such a hard time. There is a saying that I like "you can't fix stupid!"
Blue Butterfly

Related Posts with Thumbnails