This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Friday, July 01, 2011

Off to the 'Land of the Midnight Sun'

I used this title for this post since Thomas and I are off to an Alaska trip. And since we are going in July we will have plenty of daylight - I think while we are there we will have on average of 18 to 20 hours of sun.

We are taking this trip as part of the Alaska Letterboxing Cruise set up by Mark and Sue Pepe. But we decided to add a couple of days to the beginning of the trip and to the end of the trip. We will arrive in Fairbanks on July 2 at about 10pm. After a couple of days there on our own we will join the group for a trip to Denali and then to Anchorage before boarding the cruise ship in Seward. The cruise goes from Seward to Juneau, Skagway, Icy Strait Point, Ketchican and then the Inside Passage before docking in Vancouver. Once off the ship Thomas and I will spend a couple of extra days in Vancouver (one of our favorite cities to visit).

I am so excited about this trip and I have done so much research and reading I kind of feel like I have already been there. I haven't planned much for our free time - we will just play it by ear and hopefully we will end up with an incredible experience. This is our first visit to Alaska and one that has been on our 'To Do' List - I am hoping that the trip is incredible and that it will entice us to visit Alaska again. If you would like to follow our trip and adventures go to Letterboxing Cruise to Alaska Adventure.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails