This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Monday, April 11, 2011

At the Santuario

Early this morning I had a couple of errands to run and fortunately they didn't take me long to complete. So I had the rest of the day to do what I wanted. I had put my letterboxing things in the car and I had three clues with me. So I picked one and headed out for a little drive.

My drive took me up Hwy 285 to NM 503 where I ended up at El Santuario de Chimayo. It was turning out to be a nice day. The weather was beautiful and there were no other cars in the parking lot. I ended up walking around for a while taking pictures and enjoying the beautiful morning and the peace and quiet. It was a very relaxing time. After about 25 minutes I started looking for the letterbox. I found the landmarks and made my way to the hiding spot. When I got to that point I took a few pictures and looked around to make sure I was still alone. I didn't see anyone so I started to check for the box. I was looking for a flat rock behind the wall. When I got around to the back of the wall I only found one flat rock. I checked under it and I didn't see anything. So I moved the rock and realized there were a lot of dead leaves and debris around. After brushing the leaves aside I still didn't find a box. So I put my stuff down and checked all over the area but never found the box. I hope I was just not getting it and that the box is still there.

I felt I had done a pretty good search and decided to call it quits. But before leaving I did another walk around the area just enjoying the morning. Even though I didn't find the box I still had a great morning and enjoyed my little outing.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails