This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Lunch and Library

The Santa Fe letterboxers (Astro D, rubberpeace and myself) haven't had a chance to get together in a while. So we planned for lunch today. That way we could talk about rubberpeace's trip to Maine and Iowa, my trip to Maine and Astro D's upcoming trip to California. We were also joined by Rita to make up a nice little lunch group. We met downtown at Rooftop Pizzeria. We had a great lunch and visit. We sat outside on the patio and enjoyed a wonderful Santa Fe Summer day. We discussed our trips, recent letterboxes planted in and around the Santa Fe and Albuquerque areas and we talked about making logbooks. We met up right about noon and Rita needed to leave around 1:00pm and rubberpeace said her goodbyes not long after. As for Astro D and I we stayed and chatted for a while. If you talk to our significant others they would tell you that we could talk the day away and I guess that they would be right. Because Astro D and I didn't leave the restaurant until 3:45pm. It was such a relaxing afternoon and we talked about getting together to make logbooks and do other crafts. But as usual all good things must come to an end. We both had errands to run and still get home in time for dinner, so we said goodbye and headed off to our other duties.

This morning I had a list of errands to run before lunch and I got almost everything done. But after lunch I really needed to get one last errand done and I also wanted to stop and get a letterbox that rubberpeace had placed at the beginning of this month. I was so busy getting things ready for the trip to Maine that I couldn't get it before the trip and since I've been back I have been too busy to go and find it - until today. And the rest of the week is busy so I really wanted to find it today. So after leaving downtown I made my way to the LaFarge Branch of the Santa Fe Public Library. I parked and followed the clues and quickly found the box - Open a Book. It was a great carving (and I am pretty sure it was carved by rbrhorno) and the logbook was incredible. It had a little pocket on the inside cover with a little check out card, just like a real library book. It was a pleasure finding this box - thanks rubberpeace and rbrhorno. I stamped in and then rehid the box. Now I had to run my last errand - one that I don't like doing - going grocery shopping. Thankfully we only needed a few things and I was in and out and on my way home in no time. It was a great day and I got quite a few things done, had a fantastic visit with friends and found a letterbox - can't ask for more than that.

2 comments :

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Welcome home, Lionsmane!

I'm glad you enjoyed some good times with your letterboxing friends. I could use a few hours to relax and chat over a long lunch, but I'm still recuuperating from being kicked in the head by my horse......

I hope you can get down here to search for some letterboxes we recently placed, before winter arrives.

~Lisa

Mark said...

Lisa, I am trying to get to Albuquerque to get all the boxes that ya'll have planted. Hopefully in the next two weeks.
lionsmane

Related Posts with Thumbnails