This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sneakin' a Letterbox

Today I met Thomas and a friend for lunch near downtown. When he suggested we meet and told me where he wanted to have lunch I remembered I had a clue for a box in Santa Fe. So before leaving the house this morning I gathered the clue and my letterboxing bag. After we ate lunch Thomas went back to work and I went for a walk to get to this letterbox. This box was placed by artTrekker when she last visited Santa Fe in November. I haven't had time to get to it until now. I really like her boxes - the carvings are really nice, she finds great hiding spots and her clues are usually clever. The clue to this box was a photograph. So I set out looking for the spot and actually found it pretty easy. But it took me a while to retrieve the box. There were people in the area and while waiting for them to leave I realized that there windows that faced the hiding spot. And there were people sitting there and looking out. Eventually the area cleared except for the people looking out the window. I slowly made my way to the spot and took some pictures while standing right next to where the box was. When the couple turned their heads I grabbed it and moved to the side of the building where there was a table and a chair that I could use to stamp in. I enjoyed the stamp and noticed some finders that I knew and a few I had never heard of. Luckily when it was time to replace the box no one was around, not even the couple in the window. I really enjoyed the letterbox and the walk. It was a little cold but at least it wasn't snowing. Thanks artTrekker for leaving a little surprise during your visit.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails