This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Which Way From Here?

Back in October Fantastyk Voyager placed a box in Stanley, NM. That box is called Which Way From Here?. I have been wanting to go out there and get that box but things kept me from making the trip. Then the holidays came and I really didn't have time. Today I got up and did my usual chores and then decided that I needed to get out of the house. So I got all my things (letterboxing bag, camera, water and the clues) and headed to Stanley. I had a great drive. It was very relaxing. When I arrived in Stanley I looked for the landmarks mentioned in the clues. It wasn't hard to find things since there is very little in the town. There is the cemetery that I passed on my way in and the post office which is housed in a trailer. There are a few occupied houses that you can see and quite a few more deserted and dilapidated houses all around. I was looking for a run down shanty with a post in front of it with seven or eight signs on it. The box was hidden near here and I found it easily enough. I took the box back to my car to stamp in and then I replaced it exactly as I found it. After that I took some pictures and headed out. I decided to stop at the cemetery and look around. I saw Bruce King's grave and walked around and took a few pictures. I was really disappointed in the cemetery - it wasn't very well kept and it looked as though no one bothered with it unless they needed to bury someone. So after taking some pictures I decided it was time to head home. I had a great morning taking a relaxing drive and finding a letterbox. Thanks Fantastyck Voyager.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails