This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Looking for a Southwest Icon

Back in April the Santa Fe letterboxers had the pleasure of visiting with a couple of letterboxers from Massachusetts. Before they left they planted a letterbox in Santa Fe. Today I finally had time to get out and look for that box. The box is called A Southwest Icon. It was hidden at the Santa Fe Train Depot on Guadalupe Street. After work today I drove to the area and found a place to park. It was a beautiful day today - bright, blue skies with a temperature around 75 degrees. So I walked from the car and took pictures working my way to the depot. After about a 30 minute walk I arrived at the hiding spot. The area is pretty exposed and there were quite a few people around so I sat down on the rocks and took pictures of the area until the coast was clear. Then I moved one rock and found the box. I stuck it in my bag and walked over to a bench near the depot. It was such a nice day so I decided to take my time stamping in. There were about eight or nice entries in the logbook. It was nice seeing some images from people that were not from Santa Fe. The stamp was a nice carving of a very recognizable southwest icon. Once I finished stamping in I went back to the hiding area and had to repeat my picture taking diversion to get the box back into its hiding spot. It was a nice day for a walk and a great day for letterboxing. Thanks to Time2Retire for this letterbox.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails