This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A New View of Santa Fe and A Letterbox

Today was one of those days at work when mid-morning you question why you even got out of bed. We were extremely busy and had way too many patients to see. And on top of that it seemed that the doctors, nurses and patients were all cranky. Did I miss something - was there a full moon, did a couple of planets collide or what? Anyway, I made it through the day but I need a boost. So I decided to go and look for a letterbox. Astro D had placed a special letterbox for rubberpeace to commemorate her 70th birthday. After rubberpeace found the box Astro D decided to replant it in another spot. She picked a great place. A sparsely populated area off of Hyde Park Road. The box was placed in such a way that you had a spectacular view of Santa Fe and the surrounding mountains (the Sandias and the Jemez). Finding Animalia really helped erase all the stress that work caused. It was a beautifully carved stamp in a wonderful location with fantastic views. Thanks Astro D for helping me salvage the day.

1 comment :

John and Diane said...

That is so weird that you had a bad day too - I went to my trainer yesterday morning and she was having a day like yours. She got up, needed to print out an instruction sheet for a class she was doing but her home computer wouldn't work. So she went to work and couldn't get the new keyless keypad to work so she was locked out of the building. She went to her landlord, waited for 45 mins for them to show up, got a key to get in, then her computer at work wouldn't talk to the printer. She was ready to go crawl back in bed too and said several clients were having the same rotten day. Hoping today is better!!
-D

Related Posts with Thumbnails